February 18, 1993
• Tarkio High School Freshman Mitch Schupp won the 103 lb. Division at Sectional Wrestling competition in Chillicothe, Missouri, advancing him to the Missouri High School State Wrestling Meet in Columbia on February 18, 19, and 20.
• Jeannie Burton has been named the new part-time reserve officer for the Tarkio Police Department, as well as being a full-time paramedic for the Atchison-Holt Ambulance District. Burton is the first female officer at the Tarkio department.
February 15, 1968
• Dr. William H. Schechter was named “Citizen of the Year” at the Tarkio Community Betterment Banquet Tuesday, February 13, at Eppley Lounge at Tarkio College. Mrs. Jean Brought was named “Employee of the Year” and special awards were presented to Mrs. Genevieve Troxel with Tarkio Community Betterment, Robert McCoy with his direction of “South Pacific,” Avalanche publisher Raymond Henry who has provided publicity and supported the work of the Tarkio Community Betterment group, and Mr. and Mrs. Lynn Graybill for business improvements.
• A 1957 graduate of Westboro High School, T. Kent Teague, has graduated from the Los Angeles Police Academy. He is working out of the Foothill Division which is located in San Fernando.
February 19, 1943
• “Meet the Folks,” a three-act comedy, was presented by a Tarkio High School cast Thursday evening of last week before a large crowd at the high school auditorium. The play was directed by Mrs. J. Hayden Pyeatt.
• The members of the faculty of Tarkio College will give a party tonight in the banquet hall of the college in honor of new faculty members, Mr. and Mrs. A.C. Nuckolls, Miss Frances Marie McPherson, and Mrs. James Bailey.