The Kansas City Mobile Vet Center van was parked at the Atchison County Memorial Building in Rock Port July 6.
Steve Duren visits with Michael Feiveson, Veterans Employment Representative.
The Kansas City Mobile Vet Center van was parked at the Atchison County Memorial Building in Rock Port Thursday, July 6. The vehicle travels around Missouri to provide services for veterans who may live too far away from facilities to seek out help.
Michael Feiveson, Veterans Employment Representative, visited with several veterans while the van was in Rock Port. One of the newer programs involves making mobility equipment available to veterans.
Other services available through the Mobile Vet Center include:
• Cost-Free, Confidential Counseling for combat veterans of active, reserve, National Guard components, and their families.
• Bereavement counseling for families of an active duty member who died while serving.
• Military sexual trauma therapy
• Benefits assistance by trained Veteran Service Officer (VSO)
• Help with any VA related questions.
The center also provides referrals for jobs and benefit services.