March 11, 1993
• The Tarkio High School Boys’ Basketball Team has made history at Tarkio High School as the first team ever to make it past the first round of state high school basketball play-offs with its victory over the Englewood Christian Knights in the quarterfinal. They now will travel to Columbia, Missouri, to compete in the semi-finals at the Hearnes Center on the University of Missouri-Columbia campus.
• The Tarkio second grade class provided the entertainment for the Community Awards Banquet that was held in the Tarkio Elementary Gym on Monday, March 8. They presented A-Z Does It! under the direction of Sidney Cooper.
March 7, 1968
• The officers and employees at Peoples Natural Gas will host an open house Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in celebration of their new business office. The building recently purchased has been remodeled and decorated. There will be demonstrations of laundry and cooking equipment during the open house.
• Four pieces of equipment, two typewriters and two tape recorders, were stolen in a break-in at the Tarkio Elementary School sometime Friday night. Entrance was gained by breaking through the southwest door into the kindergarten room.
March 12, 1943
• The first meeting of the Tarkio chapter of the American War Dads will be held Tuesday night at 7:30 at city hall. There will be an election of officers. The American War Dads is a national organization of fathers who have sons and daughters in the armed forces of the United States.
• Workmen have been busy for the past 10 days tearing down and rebuilding the local stock yards. Four nice sized pens with ample chutes for trucks and freight cars will replace the old ones. When this work is completed the entire facilities of the local C.B.&Q. will have been reconditioned. The freight house was recently torn down and rebuilt and the passenger depot was completely redecorated.
March 6, 2018
March 11, 1993