March 18, 1993
• The Tarkio High School Indians placed 4th in the Show-Me State Basketball Tournament in Columbia, Missouri.
• Receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation from Bishop Sullivan, Kansas City/St. Joseph, Missouri, Diocese, were Angela Galbraith of St. Benedict’s Catholic Church of Burlington Junction and Jenny Palmer, Marshall Oswald, Mike Nims, and Tim McEnaney of St. Paul’s Catholic Church in Tarkio. The five were confirmed in St. Gregory’s Church in Maryville on Sunday, March 7. The Sacrament may be received by students who have completed two years of instruction, completed 30 hours of community service, and completed two retreats.
March 14, 1968
• In the near future, the Village of Westboro will have the water system that has been sought and worked for so long, thanks to a $100,000 F.H.A. check which enables the project to proceed. Bids were to be opened March 13 for construction of the water system.
• Tarkio Community Betterment met Monday at noon in Eppley Lounge at Tarkio College. All of the people who own lots in Home Cemetery will be contacted by mail in hopes of receiving a donation toward the new road being built on the west side of the cemetery. The club hopes to raise $5,000 for curbs and surfacing.
March 19, 1943
• Two beautiful handmade garments from far away Palestine are on display in Hurst’s window. They are gifts from Master Sergeant Milan Brown to his mother, Mrs. Charles F. Brown. They were mailed October 7 and took four months to get here.
• The city fathers got the check this week for the old brass cannon that was junked awhile back. The relic weighed 1,235 pounds and it was so heavy that it was necessary to cut it into six pieces in order to handle it. It was solid brass and brought in $57.18.
• Quite a stir was caused last Saturday afternoon when a large transport plane towing an army glider appeared over the city. The two crafts flew over Tarkio several times and each time people in the downtown district rushed to the streets to view this spectacular sight. After several trips over town the two crafts headed southeast. This type of flying is being practiced at several air bases throughout the country.
March 13, 2018
March 18, 1993