May 20, 1993
• The 74th annual Fairfax Alumni Banquet was held at the school Friday evening, May 14, with 362 in attendance. The theme was “Romeo in Blue Jeans.”
• The Bear’s Den Cafe and Gift Shop will open in the former Oswald Farm Supply building, which is now owned by Donnie Brandt.
May 16, 1968
• The high school pep club will sponsor a car wash Friday, May 17, in the school parking lot east of the cafeteria. Funds will be used to help send six cheerleaders to the clinic in Maryville. Cheerleaders are Patti Park, Denice Calfee, Connie Sly, Kathy Shineman, Belinda Bolton, and Nancy Jones.
• Employees at the MFA Exchange reported for work Wednesday morning to find the store had been burglarized sometime during the night. According to an inventory accounting, 55 boxes of Altrazine, valued at more than $100 per box or near $6,000 was missing. The looters did not take all the stock, but apparently what they could haul.
May 21, 1943
• At a meeting of the Fairfax board of education Wednesday night, Superintendent Wm. E. Booth asked for a leave of absence for the duration of the war, in order to enter Red Cross service, and the leave was granted. Marvin P. Kruse, for the past five years high school principal, was elected to take Mr. Booth’s place as superintendent.
• So far May has been one of the wettest months on record. Last Friday more than five inches of rain was reported in this community. Two weeks of excessive rainfall has delayed corn planting and no doubt will prevent a good stand from what was planted before the rainy season.
May 15, 2018
May 20, 1993