August 19, 1993
• Greg Beck of Fairfax took the time from his work to paint the shelter house in the city park and the park tables. He wanted things to be neat and tidy for the upcoming Fairfax Fair and offered his painting expertise. The city furnished the paint.
• Otis Taylor, a Kansas City Chiefs’ Hall of Famer, will be returning as the celebrity guest for the 2nd Annual CommuniTEE Benefit Golf Classic to be held Saturday, August 28, at Tarkio Golf Club. Taylor was a star of Superbowl IV, a three-time NFL Pro Bowl member, a two-time selection for All-Time AFC Team, the Chiefs’ record holder for most touchdowns in a career and the most yards gained by a non-kicker for the Chiefs.
August 15, 1968
• The recently-constructed storage unit at the Fairfax Manufacturing Company site has proved to be a boon to efficient operation of the plant. A trip to the facility recently revealed that the new building (60×100 feet) was almost taxed to overflowing with the inventory of items manufactured in the attached unit.
• In addition to completing installation of street markers, a project of the Fairfax Junior Community Betterment group has been the installation of a flag pole at Fair Haven to enhance the senior citizens complex. Using bricks left over from the initial construction, the project will comprise two planting boxes.
August 20, 1943
• At a meeting of the Fairfax Board of Education Monday evening, Ed Grush was elected janitor for the coming school term. He takes the place of J.W. C. Hawkins who has been named custodian of the Tarkio High School building.
• Ford Franklin Burke, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. F.F. Burke, Fairfax, Missouri, graduated from the Naval Air Training Center, Corpus Christi, Texas, and was commisioned an ensign in the U.S. Naval Reserve.
August 14, 2018
August 19, 1993