February 1, 2007
• Eric Livengood named Atchison-Holt Ambulance District Interim Administrator.
• Evelyn Viets of Rock Port made an afghan to raise funds for the Atchison County OATS program. The total raised was $171.
• Tyler McIntosh placed 1st and Austin Baruth placed 2nd at the Grand River Conference wrestling tournament.
February 6, 1992
• The Country Convenience Store in Westboro, Missouri, was burglarized on January 23, and the owners reported that 30 cases of beer, 19 cartons of cigarettes, and various other small items. Three Iowa teenage boys were charged with the burglary.
• The Mule Barn Theatre Guild recently purchased the Walnut Inn in downtown Tarkio for use as a community center. The Guild used the Walnut Inn as its Neighborhood Assistance Project through the Missouri State Department of Economic Development. With contributions from area residents through a tax credit program the Guild was able to make this purchase.
• The Westboro R-IV Good Citizen Awards were presented to Julie McEnaney and John Moss (Music), Jason Sundermann and Ryan Sundermann (Library), Shannon Sybert and Angie Duran (Lunch Line), and Krystal Hull and Katherine Strauch (P.E.).
February 2, 1967
• Tarkio High School Honor Society inducted new members into the chapter. They were Mike Ryan, Cindy Timmins, Billy Alsup, Nancy Bredensteiner, Nancy Hannah, Linda Martin, Lora Lee Sheets, and Patti Amaya.
• Fred B. Schulenberg of St. Louis will be the guest speaker at a dinner meeting at the Tarkio Chamber of Commerce Meeting. Schulenberg worked 16 years as bureau manager for Jackson Counnty for the Kansas City Star.