June 3, 1993
• At the Missouri West Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, the Rev. Robert C. Ewens was returned to the Fairfax Methodist Church. Rev. Cleo R. Colville was returned to the Sharp’s Grove and Burr Oak churches at the convention.
• The American Legion Posts in the county joined together Monday, May 31, to observe Memorial Day with flag raising ceremonies in the towns in the county. The firing squad fired their volleys, the Fairfax Legion Auxiliary placed a wreath on the grave of the unknown soldier, and a brief message was given by Clay Staples and prayer by Richard Halliday before a crowd of about 100 people who gathered in the Fairfax City Park.
May 30, 1968
• At the spring ceremonial of the Moila Shrine in St. Joseph, Missouri, five men from Fairfax completed requirements for membership into the order: Don Maris, Gary Cooper, Kent Lawrence, Kenneth Oliver, and Wayne Thomson. A number of Shriners from Fairfax were in St. Joseph to participate in the ceremony and parade.
• Lt. Governor Jack Arnold of Trenton made an official visit to the Kiwanis Club of Fairfax Tuesday. Lt. Kenneth Davis was also a club guest.
June 4, 1943
• The public’s response to the American Legion Auxiliary’s sale of poppies on Poppy Day last Saturday was more generous than had been anticipated, for the supply of poppies was exhausted before the day was over and numerous requests for the little artificial flower had to be turned down. Proceeds for the day were $52.10.
• On Friday, May 21, a truck owned and driven by Charles J. Sillers went through a bridge at the corner just south of the Guy Graves’ place and damaged the machine some, but Charley was uninjured. The truck dropped 27 feet and it required a drag line to get it out of the creek.
May 29, 2018
June 3, 1993