June 24, 1993
• Sleeping Beauty, a puppet show by the Paul Mesner Puppets of Kansas City, Missouri, performed at the Tarkio Community Building on Wednesday, June 16. There were 117 people in attendance at the puppet show.
• The Community Garden Club of Tarkio held a closed flower show for members on Friday, June 18, at the Farmers and Valley Bank in Tarkio. The theme was “Short and Sweet.” Blue ribbon winners were Ken St. Clair, Damon Samuel, Jim Scamman, Marnie Shaum, Velma Reumann, Louise Scamman, Rosalee Seymour, Mim St. Clair, Hazel Buckley, Janice Beneda, Kathryn Wheatley, and Edna O’Dell.
June 20, 1968
• A musical production based on the fairty tale “Jack and the Beanstalk” will be presented by the Tarkio College drama department in the Mule Barn Theatre tonight (Thursday) at 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. The cast of characters includes Wayne Gelston in the title role; Terry O. Hanlon as the villain, Mr. Dastardly; Roberta Kirby as the mother; Daryl Fees as the hen; Ann D’Arcy as the harp; Art Johnson as the giant; and Jane Ingersoll and John Gary, who combine their talents to play the part of “Gwendolyn” the cow.
• The Paul Wessler family will represent Atchison County this year at the Farm Family Day. This special observance is sponsored by the Missouri State Fair honoring outstanding farm families from all over the state. The Wesslers own and operate a farm in the St. John community.
June 25, 1943
• One hundred and seventy-five young people from almost every section of Iowa and Nebraska are here at Tarkio College attending the Iowa-Nebraska Youth Conference of the United Presbyterian Church. This year’s attendance surpasses in numbers that of any previous conference held here. With the teaching personnel, there is a total of 195 persons in the conference.
• Mrs. Jess Bowman is attending an all-week training school for Farm Bureau leaders of the midwest at the Sherman Hotel in Chicago. She is attending as a member of the Missouri State Farm Bureau Board.
June 19, 2018
June 24, 1993