June 24, 1993
• Members of the Community Hospital Auxiliary, Fairfax, were pleasantly surprised recently when Ethel Stoner of Fairfax presented them with a handmade quilt she had completed for their next fund raising project. The beautiful appliquéd tulip pattern quilt has been appliquéd and quilted by Mrs. Stoner in a rather quickly time frame, 162 hours.
• Richard and Anna Mae Thompson Kemerling will observe their 60th wedding anniversary with a card shower. The couple was married June 29, 1933, at the Methodist parsonage in Fairfax by Reverend C.R. Swofford. They are the parents of five sons.
June 20, 1968
• Linda Bradfield, Stephanie Sly, Beverly Blagg, Dayle Emrick, and Nancy Jones returned Monday after spending a week at the U.N. Seminar in Washington, D.C., along with 14 other girls and three boys from the Missouri West United Methodist Conference. The group toured D.C., Philadelphia, New York, and Niagara Falls.
• Mrs. Warren Ball was the hostess to the Pinochle Club at Big Lake Dining Lodge Wednesday afternoon, June 12. High scores were received by Mrs. Glenn Bargman; second high Mrs. James Irvine; and traveling Mrs. Eugene Smith.
June 25, 1943
• “Yankee Doodle Dandy”, portraying the song-filled life of George M. Cohan, is coming to the Crescent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of this week. This picture, pronounced by many critics as the best movie of the year, will present such well-known stars as James Cagney, Joan Leslie, Walter Huston, and Fay Templeton.
• A new star route mail service which will serve Fairfax, Tarkio, and Westboro will be inaugurated July 1st and will make some changes in the time of mail schedules here.
June 19, 2018
June 24, 1993