July 8, 1993
• The rains over the July 4th weekend caused the Tarkio River to spill out of its banks between Fairfax and Tarkio closing Highway 59 Monday and Tuesday. The storm also had lightning which caused damage to many electrical appliances and TVs.
July 4, 1968
• A break-in at Fairfax Hardware was discovered Saturday morning when Jim Fisher opened the place of business. The store was entered by breaking a rear window and $5 in bills and some change from the cash register was missing, in addition to an Arvin transister radio.
• Voting started Monday, July 1, to select Miss Fairfax 1968. She will be crowned Saturday, July 13, at the Community Fair. Contestants are Twyilla Lewis, Kathy Shineman, Patti Park, Judy Martin, Jane Schooler, Susan Swan, Nancy Jones, Kay Kent, and Denise Calfee.
July 9, 1943
• Little Miss Sidney Pearce entertained eleven of her little friends last Friday afternoon in honor of her fifth birthday. Her guests were: Marlene Cundall, Martha Sue Whitford, Deanne Donnell, Sybil Ann Sims, Carol Thiesfield, Judy Close, Joyce Boyer, Beverly Jorgenson, Gary Green, Jack Kruse, and Gary Wake. Sidney received some nice gifts and Mrs. Pearce, assisted by Mrs. R.L. Cundall, served refreshments of ice cream, cake, and orangeade.
• The storm of early Monday morning blew the awning through the plate glass front of the Forum building, but fortunately the awning covered the opening and hardly any damage was done inside the building.
July 2, 2018
July 8, 1993