The Atchison County Development Corporation (ACDC) Board met December 12, 2018. Board members present were: Craig Corken, Eryn Stepp, Bob Alldredge, W.C. Farmer, Roger Martin, and Lori Seymour. Also present were Monica Bailey and Carol Clark.
Martin moved to approve minutes as amended. Corken seconded and all approved.
Alldredge moved to approve financials as presented. Hurst seconded and all approved.
• 2019 BI Grant program: application/guidelines for this competitive $3,000 reimbursable grant will be available soon. Applications will only be accepted via mail and are due February 20, 2019. Applicants will be notified by March 1.
• Bailey and area business leaders are visiting with Atchison County sophomores at their respective schools to discuss local career opportunities.
• Great Northwest Day at the Capitol 2019 is scheduled for February 5-6.
• The economic development 1/4-cent sales tax that funds ACDC will be on the ballot April 2. Bailey will visit with all interested civic and community groups to offer education on ACDC efforts.
• Bailey presented a updated draft of the 2019 budget. Martin moved to approve the budget as amended, Corken seconded, and all approved.
The meeting was then adjourned.