The Rock Port Tourism Board met Tuesday, December 4, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. at Rock Port City Hall. Members present were Mike Farmer, Mandy Herron, Holly Huntley, Tami Lansdown, Angela Mace, Chris Shimmel and Jody VanSickle. Diana Liess was absent. Also present were City Clerk Emily Schulte and Chief of Police Shannon Sherwood.
Mike Farmer called the meeting to order.
The meeting agenda, November 6, 2018, meeting minutes, and the November 2018 financials were approved.
Visitor Shannon Sherwood informed board on special event permits and officer requests.
The Tourism Board discussed the following event ideas for 2019:
• Home & Garden Show – spring/fall.
• Movie Night – utilize the fireworks building or Velma Houts Building.
• Game Night – Pokeno, casino, board games, yard games, card games.
• Trivia Night – Assistance from the History Club for food, entry fee proceeds to go to the Senior Center, possibly $20/team, to be held on Sunday, February 10.
• Yard of the Month – Chamber Bucks to be used as prizes.
• Christmas Lighting Contest – Chamber Bucks to be used as prizes.
The next meeting will be Tuesday, January 8, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
The meeting was then adjourned.