January 13, 1994
• The Casey’s General Store located at Hwy. 136 and 59 in Tarkio will be having a grand reopening in their newly rebuilt and expanded store January 14 and 15. The Tarkio Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon cutting ceremony at Casey’s on January 14 at 10:00 a.m.
• On December 31, 1993, Willis Martin closed Martin Machine Shop in Westboro, Missouri, after 34 years in the same location. As Westboro’s designated town blacksmith, he specialized in welding and chain saw repair, but worked on everything from airplanes, bulldozers and lawn mowers to fixing pocket watches.
January 9, 1969
• Wright Motors’ bid of $105 per month plus 1 1/2 cents per month after 24,000 miles to furnish the city police car was approved by the council.
• Robert Rankin, well-known Tarkio businessman and farm manager, was elected Tuesday to head the Tarkio Chamber of Commerce for the coming year.
January 14, 1944
• Captain John G. Rankin spoke before the members of the Rotary at their luncheon meeting at the Walnut Inn. Capt. Rankin, Army Air Corps Pilot, recently returned to the United States from South America.
• Drilling was commenced yesterday afternoon on Cities Services’ newest test well on the Wallace Watkins farm just south of the Jim Cook producers. Some difficulty was met when grading was found to be necessary before the rig could be set up and the ground was frozen so hard that it was necessary to dynamite before a “bulldozer” could move the dirt.