The Atchison County Development Corporation (ACDC) Board met January 9, 2019. Present were: Craig Corken, Lydia Hurst, Bob Alldredge, W.C. Farmer, Scott Melvin, Roger Martin, Jeff Meyer, and Lori Seymour, board members; and Monica Bailey and Carol Clark.
Board members voted to approve minutes as amended. The financials were also approved as presented.
• The 1/4-cent sales tax that funds ACDC will be on April 2 ballot. Bailey is scheduling visits with interested civic and community groups to offer education on ACDC efforts.
• Great Northwest Day 2019 will be February 5-6. Atchison County’s theme is “Preserving the Future for AC Youth.”
• Community lunches will be held March 13, 20 and 27. The locations will be announced at a later date.
• ACDC is working to locate corporate contact to help establish another business in the former Pizza Hut building in Tarkio.
• The membership drive is underway.
• Applications and guidelines for the BI 2019 Grant are available online.
• Information for the 2019 scholarships is available now, and ACDC is accepting applications.
• ACDC is submitting a letter of support for Tarkio College’s certification efforts.