Since 2013, ACDC’s matching Business Improvement (BI) Grant program has assisted with nearly 130 different projects throughout Atchison County. This grant was designed to help Atchison County’s existing businesses with projects that would improve the aesthetics, safety and/or function of their businesses. Over the years, the annual $1,000 Basic Grant offered through this program has helped dozens of businesses. However, many major projects are in the works, so in 2019, ACDC is offering the largest reimbursable grant yet.
ACDC has allotted $9,000 to the 2019 BI grant program and plans to award one $3,000 grant in each of these three geographic areas: Fairfax, Rock Port/Watson, and Tarkio/Westboro. Winning grant projects will total at least $10,000. Each of the three 2019 BI Grants will reimburse up to $3,000 of the total project cost.
Important details to note:
• Applications will only be accepted via mail and are due February 20, 2019.
• Projects must be approved prior to beginning work.
• ANY Atchison County business current on taxes/licensure can apply, unless it received any ACDC grant in 2017 or 2018. (Businesses can apply for one ACDC grant per location every three years.)
• This is a competitive grant. Projects will be assigned points as follows:
– 50%-100% of goods and services for this project will be purchased locally. [2-3 points]
– This project should result in new services or additional employees. [4 points]
– This grant project should result in an overall increase in business sales or traffic. [2 points]
– This project will assist with maintaining or preserving building infrastructure. [3 points]
– This project will improve the look of the storefront, facade or property. [2 points]
The BI Grant Committee will notify applicants of their selection by March 1, at which time grant award winners may begin the work on their project. Projects must be completed by October 31, 2019.
Contact Atchison County Development Corporation (660-744-6562 or email@example.com) to receive a copy of the grant application and guidelines, or find it online at www.atchisoncounty.org.