Scrapbook Dedication Debra Wyatt
Gena Mitchell Star Chapter Farmer and Top Fruit Seller
Star Greenhand Hayley Palmer
Courtesy Corps – Jaecey Hill, Eric Gilpin, Hayley Palmer, and Tony Skeen
State FFA Talent McKenzie Frohn
Star Placement Tyler Brown
Blue Jacket Award Zach Garrison
Honorary Chapter Degrees John and Cheryl Brown, Trudy Baker, and Katie Wantland
Greenhand Degrees: front row – Cory Stevens, Hayley Palmer, McKenzie Frohn, and Jaecey Hill; back row – Cody Frohn, Eric Gilpin, Josh Smith, Oliver Smith, and Tony Skeen.
Chapter FFA Degrees Gena Mitchell, Kaden Cooper, and Jaelynn Hill
Leadership Awards: front row – Jaecey Hill, Hayley Palmer, Gena Mitchell, Jesse Graves, Kilea Cooper, Jaycee Graves, Katy Baker and Shelbey Morris; back row – Wyatt Burke, Kaden Cooper, Ben Bowling, Trey Bowling, Tyler Brown, Zach Garrison, and Max Hopkins.
The Fairfax FFA Chapter held its annual banquet for the 2018-19 school year on May 3, 2019. The 2018-19 officers began the ceremony and president Jaycee Graves welcomed all in attendance. The invocation was given by Max Hopkins. Everyone enjoyed a delicious dinner and watched a slide show created by chapter reporters Katy Baker and Gena Mitchell.
Chapter reporters Katy and Gena also gave a special recognition, announcing that the 2018-2019 scrapbook was dedicated to Ms. Debra Wyatt. Certificates of appreciation were handed out by Jaycee Graves and Zach Garrison.
The Greenhand Degrees were presented to: Raegan Crowley, Cody Frohn, Deondre Hughes, Olivia Morris, Hayley Palmer, Corey Stevens, Josh Smith, Oliver Smith, Tony Skeen, McKenzie Frohn, Eric Gilpin, and Jaecey Hill.
Creed speaker Raegan Crowley took the floor.
Secretary Shelbey Morris presented the Star Greenhand Award to Hayley Palmer.
The Chapter FFA Degrees went to Gena Mitchell, Morgan O’Riley, Kaden Cooper, and Jaelynn Hill.
Sentinel Max Hopkins presented Gena Mitchell with the Star Chapter Farmer Award.
Jesse Graves was presented a Star Agribusiness Award and Tyler Brown was presented a Star Placement Award.
Jeremy Palmer presented Leadership Awards to: freshmen – Raegan Crowley, Hayley Palmer, Olivia Morris, and Jaecey Hill; sophomores – Gena Mitchell and Kaden Cooper; juniors – Jaycee Graves, Jesse Graves, Kilea Cooper, Ben Bowling, Trey Bowling, and Wyatt Burke; and seniors – Tyler Brown, Zach Garrison, Max Hopkins, Shelbey Morris, and Katy Baker.
Scholarship Awards were presented to: freshman – Raegan Crowley; sophomore – Gena Mitchell; junior – Jesse Graves; and senior – Zach Garrison.
President Jaycee Graves presented the Blue Jacket Award (sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. Ronnie Fields, Joni Fields, and Cy Fields) to Zach Garrison.
Gena Mitchell was recognized by treasurer Tyler Brown for being the Top Fruit Salesperson.
Those recognized for participating in the Kiwanis Corn Yield Contest were: Wyatt Burke, 1st place, 255.30 bushels per acre (bpa); Gena Mitchell, 2nd place, 253.35 bpa; and Zach Garrison, 3rd place, 222.69 bpa.
Mr. Palmer recognized those participating in Career Development Events:
• Dairy Foods – 8th place at Districts, State Qualifier
• Trey Bowling, 19th high individual; Shelbey Morris, 28th high individual; Ben Bowling, 38th high individual; and Wyatt Burke, 82nd high individual
• Farm Management – 15th place at Districts
• Agronomy – 22nd place at Districts
• Floriculture – 26th place at Districts
• FFA Knowledge – 20th place at Districts
• Creed Speaking – Reagan Crowley, Area competitor
• Division 1 Prepared Public Speaking – Hayley Palmer, 3rd Place, District qualifier
• Job Interview – Olivia Morris, Area competitor
• Chapter Scrapbook – Gena Mitchell and Katy Baker, 2nd place Area
• Record Books – Tyler Brown, Area winner in Complete Placement
• Proficiency awards – Max Hopkins, Specialty Animal; Jaycee Graves, Beef Production Placement; and Jesse Graves, Ag Processing
• State Convention Recognition of Chapter Student Advisor Ms. Katie Wantland
• State Choir – Max Hopkins, Gena Mitchell, and Jaelynn Hill
• State CDE Teams – Dairy Foods was 33rd at state, with a Group 2 rating
• State Proficiencies – Area Winner Jaycee Graves (Beef Production Ownership); Area Winner Jesse Graves (Ag Processing Ownership); State Winner Max Hopkins (Specialty Animal Production) with Max to compete at the National FFA Convention this coming fall
• State Talent – McKenzie Frohn
• State FFA Degree – Max Hopkins and Tyler Brown
• State Delegates – Morgan O’Riley and Zach Garrison
• Courtesy Corps – Jaecey Hill, Tony Skeen, Hayley Palmer, Eric Gilpin, and Raegan Crowley
Honorary Degree recipients recognized at the banquet included John and Cheryl Brown, Ron and Trudy Baker, Katie Wantland, Dr. Jeremy Burright, and Fertilizer Service Co.
The 2019-20 officers were installed and then closed the ceremony. The new officers are: Jaycee Graves, president; Gena Mitchell, vice-president; Ben Bowling, secretary; Jesse Graves, treasurer; Hayley Palmer, reporter; and Tony Skeen, sentinel.