July 28, 1944
• The airport in Tarkio will soon be municipally owned. The City Council will complete the purchase from Dr. S.J. Peterson as soon as advice is received from the Civil Aeronautics officials in Kansas City as to the acreage needed.
• The fire department was called to the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Bill Riley at 401 Pine Street Tuesday morning. A blaze from a kerosene stove caused about $50 in damage, the fire department estimated.
July 31, 1969
• Ron Templeton, greenskeeper for the Tarkio Golf Course, and Day Miller cut the hole and placed the cup and flag marking the sixth green for the newly completed nine hole course. The golf course will open for play tomorrow. More than 200 memberships have been sold to local residents and Tarkio College has contracted for an additional 100 memberships.
• The mercury rose over the 90 mark this past week with a high of 92 degrees on the 26th, and then fell to a comfortable 59 degrees on the 29th. Precipitation amounted to .20 of an inch on the 27th, according to Lester Morton, local official weather observer.
July 28, 1994
• Teams are arriving in the Tarkio and surrounding areas in preparation for the upcoming Continental Amateur Baseball Association (C.A.B.A.) 11 and Under World Series. Twenty-one teams will compete in Tarkio, Rock Port, and Shenandoah.
• The Tarkio Water Company will be moving its offices from its current location at 406 Main Street to the former St. Joseph Light and Power building located at 519 Main Street in Tarkio.