March 23, 1945
• Retail merchants and ration board price panel members of Atchison County have been invited to meet with OPA district officials at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 27, at the Tarkio Theater for discussion of maximum price regulation 580, under which the price markups of retailers selling clothes, dry goods, furniture and house furnishings were frozen as of March 19.
• On Tuesday, the local Assembly of God Church was host to 18 visiting ministers and a number of church members from towns in Missouri, Nebraska, and Iowa. Lon Hale, presbyter, St. Joseph, had charge of the fellowship meeting.
March 26, 1970
• The Tarkio Chamber of Commerce annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held Saturday, March 28, at the South City Park. There will be over 2,000 eggs placed for the hunt and it will be divided into three age groups from 1 year to 12 years of age. Nine prize eggs will be hidden along with the others.
• The 57th Annual Tarkio College Inter-Scholastic Tri-State Track and Field Meet will be held on Saturday, April 2, 1970. This meet is sanctioned by the National Federation of State High Schools Athletic Associations and authorizes Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa schools to participate. Meet director Bob Tucker announced that 74 schools had been invited. He also commented that there will be many outstanding teams from the Kansas City, Council Bluffs, and Omaha areas entered.
March 23, 1995
• The Tarkio Chamber of Commerce will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony for Woodruff Arnold this Friday, March 24. Kenneth Strauch is the manager of the newly opened Woodruff Arnold Home Center at 124 Main Street in Tarkio, owned by Katherine Woodruff and Keith and Sara Arnold, all of Maryville. Other employees at the Tarkio store are Bob Smith, Franklin Clark, and Jason Sutter.
• New windows were recently installed at the Walnut Inn in Tarkio on the south and west side of the second story. The Pella Rolscreen Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Pella Corporation, recently announced a gift of $15,000 over the next three years to the Mule Barn Theatre Guild in Tarkio. The gift will allow the guild to purchase new windows needed for renovation of the Walnut Inn in Tarkio.