April 20, 1945
• Loyd Terwilliger, contractor, has purchased the building on West Main Street known as the Henry Schick Paint Shop. He is repairing it to use for storage of his masonry equipment. Mr. Terwilliger bought the property, which included two vacant lots, from Miss Ora Schick.
• Lynn Akey returned last Friday from Chicago, Illinois, and St. Louis, after purchasing a supply of spring and summer merchandise for the Golden Rule stores. Mr. Akey states that the stock was difficult to secure, but that he had been able to get a nice outlay of spring and summer wear.
April 23, 1970
• Mrs. Marcine Hannah is opening the newly constructed Merle Norman Cosmetic Studio on Main Street. Grand opening for the studio and gift shop will be Monday, April 27.
• Bruce Kirby, Tarkio High School junior, and Miss Marcia Lister, a junior at Rock Port High School, were winners of the 1970 essay contest staged by the Atchison-Holt Electric Cooperative.
• Two honorary degrees will be conferred by Tarkio College at its 84th commencement in May. Doctorates of Humane Letters will be awarded to Dr. Paul A. Nicoll, Professor of Physiology, University of Indiana, and to Miss Gertrude Strobel, Associate Professor of Education at Tarkio College.
April 20, 1995
• Donna Meek has recently opened an office for 3-B’s Real Estate in Tarkio. The Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a ribbon cutting on Friday, April 21, at 10:30 a.m.
• The grand opening for Heartland Recreation Center will be held this Saturday, April 22, 1995. The chamber will hold a ribbon cutting.
• Emma VanStavern, lifelong resident of Atchison County, will be honored at a celebration of her 100th birthday on Saturday, April 22. An open house will be held at the United Methodist Church in Tarkio from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Emma has been a resident of Community Care of Tarkio since November 1992.