June 29, 1945
• Melvin Bros Oil Co., a new business establishment in Fairfax, will open a new station and store in Fairfax next week, having purchased the station formerly operated as the Howard Oil Co., which has been closed the past two years. The station is located one block south of Main Street on Broadway.
• Farm pond construction under the AAA program, which provides a special payment of $100 this year for properly built ponds, is expected to reach a peak in Atchison County during the next few weeks. County extension representatives have predicted that weather permitting, more than 30 ponds will be completed in this county before winter.
July 2, 1970
• Donnie Cronk and Tracy Kelly were named Little Mr. and Miss Fairfax at the community fair. Gale Seymour was named Miss Fairfax.
• Fifteen classifications will be open to the public for entry in the July 14th flower show, sponsored by the Fairfax Garden club.
• Mr. and Mrs. Louis E. Baker of Corning will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with an open house at the Sharp’s Grove Church Sunday afternoon, July 12. The couple was married at Burr Oak Grove, Nodaway County, July 13, 1920, by Rev. Sauceman.
June 29, 1995
• Mr. and Mrs. W.P. Kincannon of Fairfax sold their business, “The Walnut Shop,” to Ed and Jim Salmond. Jim and his wife, Mary, will be managing the plant in Fairfax. The business will officially change hands on July 1.
• A new shelter house is now located at the Fairfax ball park. It is a memorial to Scott Hawkins. Scott was an avid ball fan, loved the game, and he was a graduate of Fairfax High School.