June 22, 1945
• A number of Rock Port Boy Scouts, together with a few from Tarkio, enjoyed a camporee Monday night in the Willis Burke timber track just east of town, with Dr. R.L. Curfman, Charles Shaw and Rev. C.S. Peacocke of Rock Port, and Dr. S. J. Vallenga and Delbert Greever of Tarkio helping entertain the boys. Tom Denny, Scout executive from St. Joseph, was also present. The Rock Port Scouts and others who made up the party enjoyed a big “feed.”
• The Mary and Martha Circle of the Methodist Church will give a silver tea at the home of Mrs. Bliss Bailey Monday afternoon, June 25. The features of the program will be a review of “The Emperor’s Physician” by Mrs. Carl Scamman. The ladies of the community are invited to attend.
June 25, 1970
• High Creek Church has been selected as the location for the Baptist Associational Prayer Retreat on Tuesday, June 30. The beautiful rural setting is conducive to an atmosphere of worship and quiet.
• Dean C. Curnutt, recently elected first vice-president of the State County Collectors, is in line for the presidency now held by A.T. “Doc” Evans, Lincoln County. Officers were elected at the annual county collectors meeting held at the Governor Hotel, Jefferson City, June 10-12.
• Atchison County voters will be given an opportunity to vote on a proposed county-wide ambulance service following the acceptance of a petition signed by 665 county residents.
June 22, 1995
• Clay Vogler was awarded the Boatman’s Farm Managment Scholarship from the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources at the University of Missouri-Columbia for the fall of 1995. Clay, son of Curt and Marge Vogler, Rock Port, Missouri, is majoring in agricultural economics.
• Shannon Fischer has been accepted into the Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, for the Occupational Therapy Master’s Degree program. Shannon, a 1990 graduate of Rock Port R-II High School, is the daughter of Danny and Wenona Fischer, Watson, Missouri. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Missouri Western State College in St. Joseph, Missouri, in 1994.
• Citizens Bank & Trust hosted its annual scholarship luncheon and awarded the Bruce and Esther Gibbs Trust Scholarship to 25 Atchison County students.