June 29, 1945
• Keith Boettner, Sheldon Boettner, and William Stanton of Rock Port, and Fred Andrews of Tarkio, who on March 1st bought the Tarkio Lumberyard and then established a hog yard in connection with the lumber business, have sold the hog yard to Wilson & Co., packers, who take possession on July 2. Keith Boettner, Mr. Stanton and son Donald Paul, who have been active in the management of the business, will continue in the same capacity for the new owners.
• Miss Marjorie Rosenbohm, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Rosenbohm and a member of the 1945 graduating class of the local high school, has taken a position at the Bank of Atchison County, where she took up her work Monday morning.
July 2, 1970
• Mr. and Mrs. Joe Hughes, Rock Port, are the parents of a son, born June 14 at 4:02 p.m. at the Fairfax Hospital. The young man weighed 8 pounds, 8 ounces and has been given the name Clinton Wayne. Clinton is the first child for the Hughes family. Maternal grandparents are Mr. and Mrs. Hersal Whelch Rock Port, and paternal grandparents are Mr. and Mrs. Allen Richards, Rock Port.
• The Candy Stripers, all 16 strong, are now beginning their work at the Fairfax Hospital, doing non-professional work which will relieve regular employees for more necessary duties. These 16 volunteers are from Tarkio, Fairfax, and Rock Port.
• The State Highway Commision has approved a tentative construction and right-of-way interstate system program for the 1971 fiscal year which includes considerable work on I-29. The approved program covers 153.7 miles of construction and improvements of which 56.2 miles are for landscaping, guardrails, signing, utility adjustments, and highway safety projects.
June 29, 1995
• Rock Port Rotary had three Paul Harris Fellows recognized this past week. They are Dan Stanton, Mike Holley, and Stan Griffin. The Paul Harris Award is given in memory of Rotary founder, Paul Harris. Rotary claims 26,000 clubs in 149 countries. The good deeds and friendship are a worldwide endeavor. The gentlemen earning the award have contributed immensely to Rotary projects.
• Trey Michael Garst, 3 years old, is excited to announce the arrival of his baby sister, Alexahia Breanne. Alexahia was born at Fairfax Community Hospital on June 21, 1995, at 8:14 a.m. She weighed 7 pounds and 1 ounce.
• Craig Corken, of Bank Midwest, presented a check for $1,000 to Rex Mandrose as a donation towards the new addition of the Nutrition Center.